OnshapeAbridged guide to Onshape CAD.
Onshape implements its own language used to create features. All standard Onshape features are also written in this language.
Onshape Simulation is a structural Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tool embedded into Onshape (cloud MCAD). It was first released on October 6, 2022 to Enterprise users, and on November 1, 2022 for Professional users.
Onshape offers a free plan for public designs and view-only collaborators on private designs.
- Right click and drag to rotate.
- Middle Click and drag to pan (or Ctrl + Right Click).
- Scroll to zoom.
- Show and hide components by clicking the :eye: in the tree on the left or Right Click > Hide.
- Click the section views button in the toolbar to look at cross-sections. Round features grab the center axes.
- Click the exploded views button in the toolbar to look at parts in an assembly.
- Improve the viewer’s resolution by creating an account and following the section below.
- Click the export button in the toolbar to save the tab in various formats. Optionally only export selected entities.
- To match the viewer resolution to your monitor, you must sign into a free account and modify your user preferences.
Improve read-only viewer resolution
By default Onshape does not match your display resolution. You can enable full resolution in your Onshape account using the following steps:
- Click your name in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Click My Account from the drop-down.
- Click Preferences in the left panel.
- Scroll down to Environment profile settings.
- Click Create profile
- Select On
- Click Save profile settings