ServicesMechanical design offerings.
I offer freelance research, artwork, and development services across most industries. While I do maintain and encourage long-term customer relationships, I am also available for small projects and one-off requests.
- Requirements and planning - help identify the problem and develop criteria for success.
- Concept design - generate initial design concepts.
- Analysis - simulate and predict mechanical behavior using the finite element method and first principles.
- Trade studies - evaluate industry options and provide recommendations for design decisions.
- Industrial design - 2D and 3D concept art.
- Templates - drawing formats and documentation.
- Technical illustration - create detailed illustrations for assembly instructions, user manuals, and more.
- Graphic design - title block logos, labeling, etc.
- Prototype design - design for machining, sheet metal, injection molding, 3D printing, and others.
- Productization - redesign components and systems for mass production and cost-reduction.
- Fixtures and jigs - static and dynamic jigs for manufacturing and assembly.
- Engineering drawings - produce detailed 2D mechanical drawings for your product.
- Modeling - create and maintain robust parametric models for both small and large assemblies in Onshape, SOLIDWORKS, or Creo.
- Consulting - adopt a risk-based Agile product development process.
I collaborate with other engineers to provide a full range of services. If you have a project that requires a skillset not listed above, I would be happy to refer you to another resource.